[MUD-Dev] Meta issues [was Alright... IF your gonan do DESIESE...]

Matt Chatterley root at mpc.dyn.ml.org
Sun Jun 1 16:29:14 CEST 1997

On Wed, 28 May 1997 clawrenc at cup.hp.com wrote:

> In <Pine.LNX.3.96.970527174459.267V-100000 at mpc.dyn.ml.org>, on
> 05/27/97
>    at 08:35 PM, Matt Chatterley <root at mpc.dyn.ml.org> said:
>
> >Is a digest form of the list available for those that like to read,
> >and comment occasionally? Personally I destest digests (it makes it
> >hard to reply and include previous message text), but for those that
> >are less active (the lurkers), a digest option might be great.
>
> I can do digests -- actually the list *is* currently generating them,
> its just not sending them anywhere.  I hope to wrap up the testing and
> final touches for digests this w/e.  I'll announce here then how to
> subscribe to the digest version.

Groovy. This'll definitely help the folk who read more than they write, to
the list, I think. :)

> >Also, subject lines - if people can keep them really relevant to the
> >post at hand, it'd help, I reckon (for instance, I delete the
> >language posts on the spot, since I don't have interest in the
> >thread). Some of them drift away, but the subject doesnt change (ie
> >the RP Thesis thread).
>
> You want to try and flaunt years and years of honoured Usenet
> tradition, let alone the minor history of this list?  Best 'o luck.

Well, tradition aside, it doesn't really make sense to post about
food/drink in a post whose title doesn't fit in with that at all (ie a
virtual room title.. I don't think this actually happened, but its
conceivable), just because the new evolved from the former. Much more
sensible, IMHO, to change it to Food/drink (was Virtual rooms), then
everyone knows what theyre reading, and where it came from. :)

Regards,
	-Matt Chatterley
	http://user.itl.net/~neddy/index.html
"Fishing is complete and utter madness."  -Spike Milligan