[MUD-Dev] not about pk anymore

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Wed Jul 30 18:13:07 CEST 1997

In <Pine.LNX.3.96.970713091033.128E-100000 at mpc.dyn.ml.org>, on
07/13/97
   at 12:58 PM, Matt Chatterley <root at mpc.dyn.ml.org> said:

>On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, Huibai wrote:

>> <<List Owner Comment: Original message fragmented by broken mail server
>> upline from me.  Message fragments re-assembled with possible missing
>> lines at this comment.>>

>Ick. Any tail on why this sometimes happens, JCL?

The SMTP server just upstream of me mis-interprets the content length
header on messages, with the result that it scans the message body for
possible headers and splits the message at the first possible match.
The fact that its definition of a "possible header" is "A valid header
token starts in column 0", this happens more often than it should.

Happily they now say they've fixed the bug.  Time will tell.

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com