[MUD-Dev] Stories?

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jul 27 18:24:07 CEST 1997

> From: Matt Chatterley <root at mpc.dyn.ml.org>
> Subject: [MUD-Dev]  Stories?
>
> Actually, from the feedback on this list and the ideas bouncing around,
> original themes seem a lot more popular among this community.. those of
> you who are using other peoples work as a basis (are there any?), why did
> you choose to do so?

Well I'm heavily plagiarizing Hesiod, Homer, Ovid and a number of
contemporaries (pre-BC).  These are original interpretations of these
works though.  I have a builder who is working on the northern tribes
of Europe.  I imagine one may see Midguard in my mud at some point. ;)

Why?  I find this time period fascinating.

I did run into someone who was attempting a recreation of Ancient Judea
on a cold server.  After several site switches I lost track of them. :(

I do have another possible theme.  I have several hundred pages of
source material from an active FRP campaign.  While this is original
material, I consider it sort of generic high fantasy and I don't
have much interest in developing it further.
My first thoughts were that translation into a mud would be difficult.
Although I may be wrong about that and it could form the seeds of a
secondary world.

JL

JL