[MUD-Dev] Stories?

Huibai ashen at pixi.com
Sun Jul 27 10:31:48 CEST 1997

>From Marian Griffith <gryphon at iaehv.nl>:
: I'm looking for my homepage for (famous) stories/series that have
: been used to base a mud on. Preferably muds or mushes with a
: certain amount of role-playing.

As far as Raymond E. Feist goes, there is RiftMUSH located at
  pug.7thlevel.com 4201 - a MUSH with Feist's approval on it.
There's supposed to be one other MUD (Rom?) that Feist allowed,
  but with the understanding that it will be disbanded in 5 months,
  when a commercial group is scheduled to release a more official
  online game (pay, I believe - Feist sold the online rights to them).

Just for reference, Feist is requesting that no one use his theme
  publicly (i.e. in a released mud).  I respect his wishes and am
  thus writing a completely original fantasy theme instead. *sigh*
  Probably that commercial group doesn't want any no-fee rivals
  to potentially give it competition for customer/player base. :)

-John