[MUD-Dev] Multi-threaded programming under Linux

Nathan Yospe yospe at hawaii.edu
Tue Jul 22 15:27:47 CEST 1997

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Jon A. Lambert wrote:

:> From: Greg Munt <greg at uni-corn.demon.co.uk>

:> Those who have a threaded server, what OS/dev tools are you using? Is
:> Linux currently the wrong choice for anything serious in this area?

:For Linux there is the ACE package at:
:<http://users.deltanet.com/users/slg/ACE/>

:It is well organized and documented.  I have not used it on Linux however.

It is also huge, and unfortunately, not very modular. Portability is a
huge advantage, though

"You? We can't take you," said the Dean, glaring at the Librarian.
"You don't know a thing about guerilla warfare." - Reaper Man,
Nathan F. Yospe  Registered Looney                   by Terry Pratchett
yospe at hawaii.edu   http://www2.hawaii.edu/~yospe           Meow