[MUD-Dev] Source data on Crossbow

Michael Hohensee michael at sparta.mainstream.net
Fri Jul 18 14:35:47 CEST 1997

Matt Chatterley wrote:

> According to my (mis)calculations, the arrow in the example figures would
> strike a target 100 metres away with a net collision force of 3N.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

You can't report a collision by saying it was 3N!  How long does this 3N
force get applied?  If it is applied instantaniously there will be no
effect, since force is kg*m/(s^2).  I wanna know what the
*impulse* imparted by this arrow is.  You know, the integral of force
with respect to  time!  grrrrr. ;)

> 3N being
> equal to the force exerted by a 300g mass in earth's gravity. To quote
> someone whom I have forgotten, "I think.. not."

You're setting the acceleration due to gravity to 10 m/(s^2)?  ewwwwww.

Sorry, I was all wound up from working on CSGMUD, that I had to do
something. Thanks for letting me take it out on you Matt. :)

Michael Hohensee        michael at sparta.mainstream.net
"If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door."
                -- Paul Beatty
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/9025/