[MUD-Dev] Virtual Chemistry

Matt Chatterley root at mpc.dyn.ml.org
Mon Jul 14 18:48:55 CEST 1997

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Michael Hohensee wrote:

> Matt Chatterley wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > (ie, you can't really mix a liquid and a gas), and then a causitive result
> <snip>
>
> Ah-hah, but you *can* mix a liquid with a gas.  Just bubble the gas
> through the liquid.  Or, if the gas is soluble in the liquid, they may
> mix themselves! :)

This really introduces the need for 'solubility tracking' too, as well as
for special equipment - I was alluding to the fact that you can't just
drop gas into a liquid and have it react (or vice versa) as you might with
lithium and water (etc). I should have probably been clearer. :)

> Of course, we may need some kind of special apparatus to accomplish this
> mixing.  Perhaps said apparatus could simply be an object with a
> complicated object program.  If this is the case, this idea could be
> applied to many current codebases..

Yup. This whole idea could be applied to any existing codebase (as can
many things, although they may require lots of work) - the point of
apparatus is something I'd not considered to date.

Regards,
	-Matt Chatterley
	http://user.itl.net/~neddy/index.html
"Never enter an arsekicking contest with a porcupine."-Cohen The Barbarian