[MUD-Dev] RP=MUSH/PG=MUD

Nathan Yospe yospe at hawaii.edu
Wed Jul 2 11:05:16 CEST 1997

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Chris Gray wrote:

:[Chris L in response to Caliban:]
:
::>Since the aim here is to create a flexible server which does NOT
::>require recompilation to effect changes, this option is completely
::>unacceptable by definition.
::
::Depending on your "here", that's not necessarily a shared goal.
::You're presuming a commonality here that doesn't exist.  Its my goal,
::but its not Nathan's, or Chris Gray's that I know of.
:
:It is. Pretty much, anyway. I don't even want to require that the system
:be shut down in order to make changes. In practice, since I want to have
:an up-to-date source form of the scenario, I do essentially recompile
:the scenario quite often. I note, however, that some changes have been
:made on-line to my little server at work, and it has never been shut
:down since it was first started up.

I'm out to write a powerful, and easilly modifiable hardcoded codebase,
that can be fully extended within the hardcoded limitations in an internal
language. I intend it to require no reboots after the first month or so of
modifications, and have provided a number of fascilities for online
modification of anything outside of the primary structure... but that
primary structure (what might be a lib in LPs, save that LPC cannot do
half the things I require) is hardcoded.

  /_  / / ) /_  /_) / ) /| /| / /\            First Light of a Nova Dawn
 /   / / \ /_  /_) / \ /-|/ |/ /_/            Final Night of a World Gone
Nathan F. Yospe - University of Hawaii Dept of Physics - yospe at hawaii.edu