Invitation to MUD Design Mailing List

Wed Feb 12 21:31:30 CET 1997

> NOTE: I'm on a new job so will have little time to participate.  Don't
> expect my old level of posting for a while.

Aw, who's going to fill up my hard drive now?

I'm still in pretty much the same position as I was before. I'm quite
close to releasing V1.1 of my system, which has lots of new features
in the custom graphics client.

I'll take this opportunity to ask a question that has come up for me.
Anyone know how to map from RGB to HSV in colourspace? I want something
that doesn't need floating point, and is fairly quick. When loading
images, I sometimes have to map the palette of the image to the palette
the user is using in his GUI. I currently do this with some ad-hoc code
that does a not-bad job, but I think I might do a better job using
weighted differences in HSV space. My very old graphics text doesn't
even mention colours in it! (I know - time to get a new one.)

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA