[MUD-Dev] The morality of logfiles [was 'Wild west']

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 30 17:31:50 CET 1997

<Oh bother piglet, original reply was eaten somewheres along the line.
Here's another attempt with a bit of reformatting to avoid the conquerer
worm>

On 29 Dec 97 at 11:09, Ola Fosheim Gr=B0stad wrote:

> Humans are likely to stretch rules as far as they can according to
> their own norms... :-/ I don't see any reason why MUD admins should be
> different.  Anyway, the main issue here was what kind of rules the MUD
> should have in the first place.

     Well an adminstrator/implementor makes the rules and are not subject
to them.  They may violate, bend, change or enforce them at their whim.  I=
players perceive injustice or inconsistency and can't abide it, they leave=