[MUD-Dev] Mud Settings

Travis Casey efindel at polaris.net
Tue Dec 30 08:38:45 CET 1997

JC Lawrence <claw at under.Eng.Sun.COM> wrote:
>Greg Munt<greg at uni-corn.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>Probably the best comparison would be Jack Vance's "Fire Upon the
>Deep" meets Zindell's "Neverness" meets Myer's "Silverlock" meets
>Gibson's "Neuromancer".  I'm not really heading for a theme, more a
>semi-congealed nightmare.

Credit where credit is due dept.:

_A Fire Upon the Deep_ was written by Vernor Vinge, not Jack Vance.
Vinge has also written several other novels that would make good settings
for games:  _The Peace War_ and its sequel _Marooned in Realtime_ and
_The Witling_.  His short story "True Names" (collected in _True Names
and Other Dangers_) is one of the best pieces of cyberpunk fiction I've
ever read.
--
       |\      _,,,---,,_        Travis S. Casey  <efindel at io.com>
     '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)      http://www.io.com/~efindel/design.html