[MUD-Dev] The morality of logfiles [was 'Wild west']

Sun Dec 28 00:44:11 CET 1997

Greg Munt <greg at uni-corn.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>What this all comes down to is the trustworthiness of the administration.
>There is a simple answer to this. If you don't trust the admin, either
>live with it, or stop playing.
>
>It's that simple.

Well, not quite so simple.  You won't know if you can trust the admin
until it is too late.  Actually, in a commercial setting you would
expect to have no reason to not trust the admin... :(

As in other sensitive areas, the only viable solution is to "enforce"
widely acknowledged norms/principles for systems design among
professionals... This requires debates, maybe legal responsibility,
probably some bad example cases...

Ola.
(I state "professionals" because hobbyist may be difficult to reach)