[MUD-Dev] Mail from mud

Miroslav Silovic silovic at zesoi.fer.hr
Mon Dec 22 16:04:59 CET 1997

Stephen Zepp <zoran at enid.com> writes:

> Heyas...gonna ask for a little technical info here.  I would like to
> have my code be able to send a mail message to the player, using a
> stored email address, but I'm not too sure how to go about
> constructing a valid message/header, etc.  Anyone done this, or
> something similar?  I was thinking of somehow writing a file, then
> sending a command to the shell from the mud queueing the mail for
> delivery, but I really am not sure how to do that..

Well, Cold has $smtp object that does all the foo. Basically, the
cleanest way is to read the RFC on SMTP protocol and then implement
the bloody thing. :) I think LambdaMOO also has email object in the
core. Both cores are available for download (and both systems have
pretty readable internal languages).

--
I refuse to use .sig