[MUD-Dev] Guilds & Politics [was Affecting the World]

coder at ibm.net coder at ibm.net
Fri Dec 12 10:15:32 CET 1997

On 10/12/97 at 02:41 PM, "Koster, Raph" <rkoster at origin.ea.com> said: >On
Wednesday, December 10, 1997 8:14 AM, Matt
>Chatterley[SMTP:root at mpc.dyn.ml.org] wrote:

>> What is the Dibbell article?

>The Julian Dibbell article on the LambdaMOO virtual rape. Sorry, I  guess
>I assumed from previous posts on the list that everyone was  familiar
>with it. A citation:

The full text as well as URLs and references have been posted here several
times before.  I know I posted the full text at least twice.  I think the
problem is that most here don't recognise the "Dibbell" tag, but know it
only as the "LambdaMOO rape text" (eg me).

>Overview: the first article to break muds into the mainstream media; a
>great case study in spoofing, player government and community  formation,
>and identity in muds. I consider it a touchstone article on  muds,
>actually.

Agreed.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
----------(*)                              Internet: coder at ibm.net