[MUD-Dev] Guilds & Politics [was Affecting

Sauron dlove at kusd.kusd.edu
Wed Dec 10 17:18:10 CET 1997

Ola Fosheim Grxstad wrote:

[snip comments on "heartless/aggressive"]

> Anyway, the worst abuse is of course not playerkilling (althought the
> most visible), but to be persistantly tracking and annoying one
> particular person.  Any insight is welcome.

Yes this is particularly annoying having had it happen to me with a
character I had invested alot (well relatively) of time in. It was
partially my fault, I was new to muds and decided to try one on which
many of my RL friends played on. The general concept was "kill anything,
anywhere, anytime" which I tried to counteract by creating some
tinyplots (I had gathered a group of mid-level people together all in
one "gang" and began enforcing a type of vigilante justice for the side
of neutrality, in other words anyone extremely evil or extremly good was
"punished"). One of my higher level friends took it personally and
decided to make my life hell by chasing my char around all the time
trying to kill him AND bothering/annoying me about it in RL. This led to
me eventually quitting the game and becomming interested in the
programmer's side.

> (sidenote: gender is invisible in muds, don't trust names, or accounts)

I have many a time played female users. People who watch and study
closely can tell, but I can fool most casual observers.

-Sauron