[MUD-Dev] Guilds & Politics [was Affecting the World]

Richard Woolcock KaVir at dial.pipex.com
Tue Dec 9 19:41:11 CET 1997

Matt Chatterley wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Ling wrote:

> > > Hah. It'd certainly be an interesting experiment. :P Anyone actually fancy
> > > trying this? ;)
> >
> > I for one would like to see it implemented in some form or another.  All
> > it needs is two muds to broadcast they're using a system such as this.
> > Then a few other muds with open minded administrators should follow suit.
> > Just post on usenet/mud connector.  Avalanche...
>
> [Snip intelligent discourse]

[snip]

> Socially speaking, it seems like a fun experiment.

Well the example I gave was pretty tongue-in-cheek to be honest, although
I suppose you could do something similar if you really wanted to.  In
practice, it would probably only be 'respectable muds' which would be
permitted to give their comments on the player, thus preventing smaller/
badly run muds from giving biased views.  Thus you might have something
like:

Player: KaVir
* DarkCity: No comment.
* BubbaMUD: Sometimes takes roleplay the bad guy too far.
* PKzone: A skilled player, requires little assistance.
* CuteFuzzyMUD: A cruel player, makes few friends.

Each of the muds (which would have to be invited by some form of moderator
and then voted for) would be able to add a comment for a particular player.

Going through the joint authorisation system and so on would be a real pain
though, and very time consuming.

KaVir.