Rats, pests and FAQ.

Ling K.L.Lo-94 at student.lboro.ac.uk
Tue Dec 9 15:55:40 CET 1997

I'm going to have to bow out of this jerks discussion, lack of
experience... One thing did catch my eye:

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Vadim Tkachenko wrote:

> By the way, have anybody ever tried to RP a rat? Or anything else which
> is small/weak enough to be vulnerable? And, it all depends on the
> circumstances, too - even a single rat can kill you, if you're asleep.

Wasn't there a casual suggestion when I was last on the list about what it
would be like (esp as a social experiment) to run a mud where the players
are the pests and the npcs are the giants?  In the style of humans being
treated as vermin when they're spotted.  (references to various books
forgotten)

About the FAQ:  I definitely think there is a need for an FAQ, I
personally got up to speed coz I think this list started in Feb and Nathan
Yospe was kind enuff to forward me a big glob of everything before I
joined.  Took some reading but I gathered what everyone's area of
expertise/interests/projects were.  Had I not, I would have caught up
eventually but not without more perspiration than liked.

Also, I think there is far too much talk about the FAQ and not enuff
action being done...  (with exception of the generous souls working
on the summaries)  So...  just to get things underway, how about sending
personal introductions to whomever is gonna be FAQ holder?  I personally
don't have a lot of time at hand but I am willing to glue together
summaries of members' interests and what not.  In fact... I've kept
introductions during that frantic April reign.

Ling - cute, fluffly and marketable.

  |    Ling Lo, freshwater fish (cod variant)
_O_O_  EEE, Loughborough University, England          Another 'Screemer!