[MUD-Dev] META: FAQ and Thread Summaries

Wed Dec 3 18:40:36 CET 1997

[Greg:]

:my one suggestion, make it a nicely formatted HTML doc.

Blech!

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Seriously though, that format might be convenient for some, but it makes
the documents completely unreadable by anything other than an HTML thingy.
The reverse is not true. If we introduce HTML, we then open up the can of
worms of compatibility. Who has tools that enforce HTML-2 conformance?
By default, most browsers don't conform, and many systems have extensions
that are completely non-portable. For now, we could easily say that we
have no reason to use any of those tags, but the best intentions often
go very astray!

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA