[MUD-Dev] Character evolution

coder at ibm.net coder at ibm.net
Sun Aug 31 09:51:28 CEST 1997

On 27/08/97 at 07:00 PM, Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com> said:
>At 06:46 PM 8/27/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:

>I do NOT see the abvleu of makign them relive the actual trauma
>itself.  As far as I knwo tehy do NOT cure shell shock (or DSS as its
>knwon now) by sending people BACK into combat.

Statistical evidence, last I checked the documenation from WWI and
WWII, would suggest that DSS cases kept near the front (close enough
to hear and/or be a minor if background part of the combat experience)
recover more than those entirely removed from the area.  Own view: The
trick seems to be to be close enough that it was part of the environ,
but far enough away that the person could gradually come to be able to
causitively address and control his participation.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
----------(*)                              Internet: coder at ibm.net