[MUD-Dev] Modeling spells/skills as collections of affects

Travis Casey efindel at io.com
Sat Aug 30 17:13:49 CEST 1997

Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com> wrote:
> Travis Casey <efindel at io.com> wrote:
>
> >R. Taslorian Games has recently produced a new paper RPG called Fuzion,
> >which is a merging of the Hero System and the system used by Cyberpunk
> >2020.  The core rules for the system are available on their web site, as
> >both web pages and an Adobe Acrobat file.  Although it doesn't have
> >anything resembling the full breadth of Hero's power system, it may give
> >you a taste of what it's like.  You can check it out at:
>
> The big problem with Fuzion is that it is missign (currently ast least)
> exactly the component that makes Hero inetrestign for this applciation--
> the generic system for building powers and such.  Although its chaarcter
> generation system is in some ways improved, and the whoel game simplified
> for thsoe who couldn't handle hero's logic and build their own
> environments, its not r3eally appropriate for what we are disucssing.

I know... that's why I said that "Although it doesn't have anything
resembling the full breadth of Hero's power system, it may give you a
taste of what it's like."  I thought it might be useful to give people
a look at how powers are handled generically with special effects used
to customize them by how the power works, and give them a look at a
point-based system.  Of course, if they want to learn more about the
system by which the powers in Fuzion were built, they'll need to find
a copy of 4th edition Champions to look over.
--
       |\      _,,,---,,_        Travis S. Casey  <efindel at io.com>
     '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)      http://www.io.com/~efindel/design.html