[MUD-Dev] Modeling spells/skills as collections of affects

Travis Casey efindel at io.com
Sat Aug 30 15:46:00 CEST 1997

Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com> wrote:
> At 09:59 PM 8/31/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:
> >Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Heh. The borken record says "Youv'e just defined the hero System.
lost
> >> infinite colelction of effects created from a base set of
"operations". You
> >> migth want to loo kat it if you haven't yet.  If nthoign else it will
save

> >Sounds great, any urls or ftp addys? or a file name to search for?
> >Thanks
>
> Ther is a URL for "Hero Games" the publisher but I dont think youl lfind
> much there. If you have a good RPG game store that doenst mind browsing,
go
> down and look for a section for hero games (last published by Iron Crowne
> believe) and look through it.

R. Taslorian Games has recently produced a new paper RPG called Fuzion,
which is a merging of the Hero System and the system used by Cyberpunk
2020.  The core rules for the system are available on their web site, as
both web pages and an Adobe Acrobat file.  Although it doesn't have
anything resembling the full breadth of Hero's power system, it may give
you a taste of what it's like.  You can check it out at:

http://www.best.com/~rtg1/fuzion/

--
       |\      _,,,---,,_        Travis S. Casey  <efindel at io.com>
     '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)      http://www.io.com/~efindel/design.html