[MUD-Dev] Re:

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Thu Aug 28 23:36:10 CEST 1997

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997 17:52:34 PST8PDT, Jeff Kesselman
<jeffk at tenetwork.com> wrote:

>At 05:43 PM 8/27/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:
>>can we do it again sometime?" No one ever dreams of being a rape victim.
>>And anyone on your game who seriously dreams of being a rapist should be
>>taken out and shot.
>
>I appreciate and approve of your sentiment.  However its important to
>remember that internal fantasies are odd things and we can sometimes
>fantasize for little to no reason about things we would NEVER wish to do in
>real life.  My ONLY point here is that people should not harbor guilt over
>deeply internal never acted out fantasies no matter how disgusting they
>might be if taken any where near the real world.

Thus the word 'seriously'. Many of my friends and associates have
severely inappropriate internal fantasies. In fact, so do I. But it's
the person who doesn't realise that this is a... well, not BAD, but an
INAPPROPRIATE fantasy to pursue that should be handled in some decisive
and extreme fashion.

I also don't have any problem with the games consenting adults want to
play behind closed doors. It's when you start telling people about it or
doing it in public that I start to go, no, wait, uh-uh.

 You see me now, a veteran of a thousand psychic wars. I've been
 living on the edge so long, where the winds of limbo roar. And
 I'm young enough to get involved, too old to see, all the scars
 are on the inside; I'm not sure that there's anything left of me
               -- Blue Oyster Cult, "Veteran of the Psychic Wars"