[MUD-Dev] Rape Threads

Nathan Yospe yospe at hawaii.edu
Thu Aug 28 15:55:16 CEST 1997

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Jon A. Lambert wrote:

:On 27 Aug 97 at 20:02, Nathan Yospe wrote:
:> Subject:       [MUD-Dev]  Rape Threads

:I thought I would drop you a line entreating you not to
:unsubscribe from the mud list.  I enjoy your posts and
:input.  I agree the thread should die and has been
:explored enough for this forum.  I hope it has no lasting
:effects other than to open up some general administration
:topics.

I have not unsubscribed, and probably won't. Lets hope we can continue
to keep things in perspective, myself included... we are an assembly
of similar professional (hobbyist or no) interests. This should not be a
forum for such volitile social issues beyond their _immediate_
relationship to muds, and only so far as we can maintain civility. I
must appologize for my own outburst - it was the same type of thing
that was mentioned earlier in the thread - this sort of emotional baggage
is nearly impossible to disassociate oneself from, even in professional,
much less social (and a mud is a social setting) settings.
--

"You? We can't take you," said the Dean, glaring at the Librarian.
"You don't know a thing about guerilla warfare." - Reaper Man,