[MUD-Dev] Character evolution

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Wed Aug 27 20:06:01 CEST 1997

At 07:54 PM 8/27/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:

>I can't think of *any* SF or fantasy world that doesn't mostly
>resemble RL, and I think there's a good reason for that.  Quite
>simply, if you came up with a world that was different from RL even
>down to the basics, there would be no frame of reference for readers
>or players to understand things -- the only real possibility would be

>The closest things I can think of to worlds which are fundamentally
>different from the real world that we're all familiar with are parts
>of the real world that none of us really have direct experience with --

How about Flatland?   :)

The thing is, though the world is alien, the characters are very human in
how they think, act and vehanve.  Thats a frame of reference that is pretty
vital.
Yo ucan get away with one or two enigmatic minor characters ina  story bvut
thats abotu it.

JK
Jeff Kesselman
Snr. Game Integration Engineer