[MUD-Dev] New Topic: ButtheadS and Jurisprudance

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Fri Aug 15 09:50:40 CEST 1997

At 05:24 PM 8/14/97 PST8PDT, JCL wrote:
>In <3.0.2.32.19970814153214.00895220 at mail.tenetwork.com>, on 08/14/97
>   at 03:37 PM, Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com> said:
>
>...details of cannibalistic legal system deletia...
>
>>Thsi is a very interesting idea, at elast fro a MUD tryign to
>>represent a mroe or less democratic society.
>
>Actually I thought one of the advantages of the system was that it
>wasn't in the slightest democratic.  (I'm not a fan of democracies or
>democratic systems BTW)  It was expressly to prevent democratic farces

well comapred to most of teh systems I'm modeling-- autocratic or single
ruler systems, its VERY democratic.  Acutally sicen what you describe are
failures in implementatiosn of democracies rather then the basic concept,
Ild hesitate to say your mdoel is MORE democratic then the real world...

Seems to me if you have a jury and a vote you have a democracy. Now aya
round that... am I wrong?

JK

>that features such as:
>
>  -- publicising the juror list _prior_ to the trial, thus allowing
>jurors to be attacked, corrupted, murdered, etc.
>
>  -- allowing jurors to sell, trade, or otherwise dispose of their
>jurorship, thus increasing corrupting possiblities, stacking of the
>jury by the anit-accused, as well as allowing the accused to attempt
>to stack the deck in his favour (eg get one juror on his side and then
>equip him with murderous weaponry etc).
>
>  -- teleporting jurors with all carried equipment to the courtroom to
>encourage mayhem in the courtroom.
>
>  -- requiring all surviving members of the jury to be in the named
>pen when the button was pressed, thus allow verdict selection by
>attrition or the last-survivor tactic.
>
>  -- Not recording crimes et al within the court room, thus making the
>court rooms a laissez faire survival contest.
>
>etc.
>
>>Thanks fro the insights
>
>Welcome.  Coming up with little micro systems like that is something I
>enjoy and do a lot.
>
>--
>J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
>(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
>---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com
>...Honorary Member Clan McFUD -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...

Jeff Kesselman
Snr. Game Integration Engineer
TEN -- The Total Entertainment Network -- www.ten.net

Speak Geek!