[MUD-Dev] Graphic MUDS/Ultima Online

Matt Chatterley root at mpc.dyn.ml.org
Fri Aug 15 07:31:18 CEST 1997

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997 clawrenc at cup.hp.com wrote:

>    at 02:21 PM, Matt Chatterley <root at mpc.dyn.ml.org> said:
>
> >It made for a heck of a mailbox this morning. I had to abandon the
> >idea of replying to much of it, since its a weekday (I'm going to try
> >and file away excess stuff until weekends in future).
>
> I have my mailer automatically move all MUD-Dev traffic to its own
> folder upon receipt.  I then copy messages I want to reply to, but
> don't have enough time to do proper justice to then to a sub-folder.
> That way I can at least attempt (yeah right) to stay current with the
> list, and also keep track of those posts I really want to spend some
> thought on.
>
> Of course my Get-Back-To-This folder is about 20 deep right now.

Heh. Since I use pine, having POP3 fetch my mail from a different server,
I've not worked out a way to filter it yet. Procmail only seems to operate
on mail sent directly.

> >> I've not noticed that bodies are very flammable.  Certainly
> >> crematoriums have enough trouble with the task.
>
> >Not to stop an adventurer trying. A good dousing in something
> >flammable, or some magic would help too. Burying a body to prevent
> >its resurrection is a somewhat temporary measure - unless ritualistic
> >burials have some sort of power to stave off the hold of unlife.
>
> Dismemberment and scattering might be both the cheap answer.

Perhaps. Although it could take quite an effort to chop up a big corpse
without the relevant tools to hand. I can see Clerics and Paladins (more
the 'Holy Warrior'  images) sprinkling holy water over corpses as some
sort of protection against the call of unlife prior to burial, and the odd
barbarian hacking up the corpse beyond reconition.

Regards,
	-Matt Chatterley
	http://user.itl.net/~neddy/index.html
"Speak softly and carry a big stick." -Theodore Roosevelt