[MUD-Dev] Graphic MUDS/Ultima Online

Richard Woolcock KaVir at dial.pipex.com
Thu Aug 14 20:45:28 CEST 1997

Matt Chatterley wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Jeff Kesselman wrote:

> > This also points otu the problem with partially modeling physics.  The
> > inkeerp might be liftable. But hes not abalnced weapon nor is he rigid when
> > you try to swing him.  Then theres the issue of give in the inkeepers body
> > absorbign soem of the damage when he collides with something...
>
> Yeah. There are also other associated problems with allowing livings to be
> used (at least for me). Least of which is actually picking them up (moves
> are written to prevent one living ever being inside another), and stopping

No creatures inside other creatures?  But think of the possibilities!

Wouldn't it be fun if you were a giant to be able to eat small players?

Or imagine starting the mud as a baby who was about to be born...

What about having creatures like in 'Aliens' who lay an egg in you,
which would eventually hatch out (unless you had surgery or somesuch)?

Hey, you shouldn't have eaten that rotten meat full of maggots...cos
they weren't NORMAL maggots, and guess what?  See that wriggling movement
under your skin?  I think you better go see a doctor...

Or maybe a friend has been infected with a fatal disease, and the only
way for it to be destroyed is for a friendly wizard to shrink you down
to microscopic proportions and send you into his body...

In addition, you could use "players within players" for possession
attempts.  Okay, so your character Fred the Wizard has died...but your
friend Bob the Warrior is still okay...come to think of it, it was kinda
his fault you died too...and he has a very healthy body, unlike your old
one - and his mind is pretty weak...hmmmm....

Its worth thinking about.

KaVir.