[MUD-Dev] New Topic: Butthead features

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Mon Aug 4 14:25:47 CEST 1997

At 09:35 AM 8/4/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:

>The overall philosophy is that you can take these actions, but they
>have in-game consequences. In UO terms,that means that if you steal,
>provoke fights, etc, you acquire a negative reputation for doing so,.
>Eventually, you are refused shop service and NPCs talk to you rudely.
>When your notoriety is negative enough, guards will simply kill you on
>sight like the scum you are.

FAscinating. We indepndantly came to mero ro less the same conclusion,
though wee also avoiding inclusion of features that seem to easy to abuse.

W're acuitally alwso going a step fartehr 0or maybe not) with reputatuion
and aprsing what peopel say...  if yo ustand in teh town square and
annoucen to anyoen who passes by "I killed 3 newbs last night..."  its
stands to reason your gonna geta  bad reputation..

JK

Jeff Kesselman
Snr. Game Integration Engineer
TEN -- The Total Entertainment Network -- www.ten.net