[MUD-Dev] Re: Issues from the digests and Wout's list

Shawn Halpenny malachai at iname.com
Wed Apr 23 10:48:01 CEST 1997

Ling wrote:

> Another random thought:  How would you think players would respond if they
> were by default, oriental?  With a very low chance of not being so (if
> they chose human).  I've got a theme reason for this...

A while back I'd posted to one of the ng's a question like this, but regarding
character gender:  possible repercussions of making it a factor in the game (with
attempts to balance the results if you chose one gender over another).

Thoughts?

As for players being oriental, I don't think it would be a cause for concern unless
there are major disadvantages between being oriental and being whatever the
alternatives are.  There has to be some sort of balancing.

--
Shawn Halpenny

"Neutiquam erro"
            - Latin for All Occasions