Execution

Fri Apr 11 07:02:27 CEST 1997

:You left out a true virtual machine with a compiled assembly code i nits
:own assembly langauge (typicly a stack machine of soem kind).
:
:These VMs come in two varietoes these days, traditional stack machines liek
:the old pascal P system, adn object orienetd stack machiens like the JAVA
:machine (and  my Kelvin VM).

True enough, and now that you remind me, I've even used one of those. A
friend and I wrote an adventure game system for the IBM mainframe. I did
a compiler called "SIX", and he wrote the virtual machine, called "FANT".
(With them, you can create a FANTasy world in SIX days - uuuurrrrghhhh.)
How could I ever forget that? I redid Adventure in it (ran faster than
the native PL/I version!), and another world. Another friend has done
something like 3 adventures in it, and others did some too.

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA