Just a bit of musing

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Thu Apr 10 18:51:26 CEST 1997

In <199702280219.CAA110223 at out2.ibm.net>, on 02/27/97
   at 06:46 PM, cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA (Chris Gray) said:

>P.S. Anyone else getting complaints about this email from IBM?

Side note: This list very deliberately posts messages as From: the
poster, with a Reply-To: the list (and an Errors-To: the list admin).
This is done to allow easy replies direct to the poster or to the
list.  The problems enter with bounces.  Recent RFC revisions have
discredited the Errors-To header, resulting in canonical SMTP servers
sending their bounce messages back to the poster vs the list admin.

Now, I could make the From: field the list admin instead, but I feel
having the poster in there is a good enough added value.

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com