Resets and repops

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Thu Apr 10 15:13:47 CEST 1997

In <199704090317.DAA693063 at out2.ibm.net>, on 04/08/97
   at 06:13 PM, S001GMU at nova.wright.edu said:
>Date: Sat, 05 Apr 1997 11:57:07 -0800
>From: coder at ibm.net

>...Both
>cases would require a different set of watchers, and you can't
>anticipate every possible combination when designing the system.  ;)
>...You have to assume SOME
>level of intelligence on the user's part.  ;)

There lies my problem.  A base goal is that my server should be able
to withstand free user programming with untold numbers of users doing
the most stupid and horric things.  I know the sort of twit code that
newbie wannabe programmers can write, and I want the system to stay
alive and responsive even with it is stuffed to the gills with that
stuff.  Of course I also want to have it at least attempt to be
logically consistant at the same time.

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com