Greetings. :)

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Wed Apr 9 23:12:20 CEST 1997

At 10:08 AM 4/9/97 -0400, you wrote:

>That almost seems too easy and I can't help but think I've missed
>something...

Well, it seems a touch fragile in that it depnds on an external setting
9the clock0 to always be reasonably correct and unique....

What about daylight savings tiem in the fall, when the clock gets set back?

Also what if the system clock jus rtgets fouled thorugh hardware or
software failure?

This scheme (dates) is good for short term thing like temp ids or random
seeds but ild be scared to use it long term.

JK