[DGD] More on exec round sequencing

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Thu May 17 19:58:14 CEST 2007

Dworkin, I remember you mentioning "queues", within which exec rounds
were guaranteed to be executed in sequence.

What exactly is a "queue", and what queues are there?

I'm guessing that there's one for second clalouts, one for millisecond
callouts, and one for each user object (dgdwise, not klibwise).

Am I correct?

Also, how does the "0 second callouts cloud" interact with the queues?
 Do they sink towards commitment like rocks before anything else,
float around lazily with the other exec rounds and rain down as time
permits, or something else?

I read something about "as soon as possible", I'm just wondering if
that means they preempt other stuff that is waiting, and how it might
do so.

I'm just curious.  I'm thinking of pushing lots of stuff into the
background of "0 land" for MP purposes, and I'd like to know what
rules there are about sequencing so I can avoid sequencing snafus.

Example:

If I in a single round I start a ton of 0 second callouts and a non-0
callout, will all the 0 second callouts commit before the one with the
delay?  Or does the "0 callout army" tromp over the delayed one?.  And
what about user input rounds that may also be pending?